Talk

Advanced search

Who sells Farrow and Ball exterior Eggshell?

(25 Posts)
mrsmaidamess Fri 12-Jun-09 18:27:08

I've got a front door needs painting and I can only find interior F and B paints.

TIA x

traceybath Fri 12-Jun-09 18:29:52

You can order it online from their website - used to be free delivery too.

They have shops as well, there's one in Bath but thats probably no use to you smile

mrsmaidamess Fri 12-Jun-09 18:34:15

Ooh thanks, will have a look.

I was hoping my local Homebase would stock it, but its not la-di-dah enough round here for that!

wombleprincess Fri 12-Jun-09 19:22:26

all homebases have a really small selection so best ordering from website. some independent retailers will stock but you may have to get them to order in in anycase.

wombleprincess Fri 12-Jun-09 19:22:26

all homebases have a really small selection so best ordering from website. some independent retailers will stock but you may have to get them to order in in anycase.

slummymomma Fri 12-Jun-09 19:37:35

where abouts are you? If you are a true womble you could pop over to Richmond - F&B have a shop there....

wombleprincess Fri 12-Jun-09 19:46:06

i am a travelling womble, like uncle bulgaria.

mrsmaidamess Fri 12-Jun-09 20:13:55

I think I may have to have a jaunt to Richmond. Or the guy at Homebase suggested getting it mixed up at a Trade paint place.

kitsmummy Fri 12-Jun-09 21:44:59

I'm sure there must be a stockist list on F&B website. call local stockist, they'll order it in, usually only takes a couple of days to come in.

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Fri 12-Jun-09 21:46:14

any stockist will order it

i used interior last time on my front door - it was absolutely fine for years

mrsmaidamess Fri 12-Jun-09 23:46:37

Oh right..maybe I'll do that instead.

navyeyelasH Fri 12-Jun-09 23:55:04

have you looked on their site for your local stockist?

mrsmaidamess Fri 12-Jun-09 23:55:44

Yah, it's Richmond. Not far away, but I want it done yesterday

Toots Sat 13-Jun-09 10:28:26

Mrsmaidamess, sorry this is off topic but am I right in thinking Doran Bros did your loft? Had them over last week and was impressed, just waiting estimate. Will they be expensive? And would you reccommend? Good luck with door paint!

mrsmaidamess Sat 13-Jun-09 15:33:04

Yes Toots Doran Bros did do our loft conversion (I am sitting in it as I type!). We were pleased with them, they are straightforward, quick and were the best value, we thought.

The main guy (forgotten his name) had some really good ideas. I am happy to chat about them off forum if you like, I don't do cat but will email?

Toots Sat 13-Jun-09 21:49:51

That would be good, thanks. Try twodotblackdogs@yahoodotcodotuk. Was it Fintan?

mrsmaidamess Sun 14-Jun-09 00:06:43

Have emailed you xx

Toots Sun 14-Jun-09 08:01:11

Nothing arrived... maybe try again? two dot blackdogs@yahoo dot co dot uk.

mrsmaidamess Sun 14-Jun-09 18:16:25

I've sent again..do you read?

Toots Mon 15-Jun-09 11:51:08

I don't read.... how odd, nothing has turned up, strange. Am shy to give other email address as it has my name in. But all you've said sounds great so when we get their quote, if it feels right, will feel confident to go on once we've seen their work. Guess we won't visit you as we are in different part of town but will attempt special hand shake just in case!

mrsmaidamess Mon 15-Jun-09 19:13:22

Oh I've sent it twice...I wonder what went wrong? My email has my name in it too, so don't want to give. BUT a few words (having had discussion with my dh and he refreshed my memory)

The only negs I would say were the guys they subcontracted work to, namely the electrician and the plumber. They did a bit of a slapdash job (they seemed pissed off with the company) and getting it recitified to our satisfaction took a while.

But I suppose you get that with building firms who farm out parts of the work, rather than having their own guys. They may have changed since we used them.

The guy who did the snagging was great, really friendly and helpful. And Belinda in the office is super efficient.

It was our first major building work so I probably made mistakes, I would be a more demanding customer this time!

Hope it all goes well.

Toots Thu 18-Jun-09 12:18:40

Thanks Mrsmaidamess, very helpful.

How is the door? Just ordered one myself and planning to paint it in F&B light blue, gloss.

mrsmaidamess Thu 18-Jun-09 18:04:36

Oh the door is still standing sadly with only a layer of primer on it.

Where did you get your door from? I have searched in vain for a half decent one hence the repainting of this one.

alawrence3 Wed 01-Jul-09 20:16:45

Hi

I am also painting my front door in the F&B eggshell. Out of interest, what colour are you painting the inside of the porch (if applicable)?

We originally bought white gloss, but now I am wondering if a more creamy colour would compliment the eggshell instead?

Toots Mon 06-Jul-09 19:48:24

Select-a-door in Penge. Oxford with 4 panels, two in laminated smoky glass.Quite pleased. Painting it in light blue F&B gloss,chrome furniture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now