Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me choose a colour scheme for my bathroom?

(8 Posts)
teenyweenytadpole Fri 12-Jun-09 14:09:28

In rented house and landlady has agreed to redecorate the bathroom - paint the walls and ceiling, and replace the carpet with vinyl. The bathroom suite is white and the tiles are white with pale grey marbling (these can't be changed). I was thinking of the kind of vinyl tiles that look like ceramic tiles, I would go for terracotta type colours but think that will clash with grey, so am thinking of a dark grey/slate for the floor. What colour walls? Landlady has specified "neutral" but is leaving colour choice to me. I would like something warmish so am veering away from eau de nil/blue type tones. Any thoughts oh wise ones? Thanks. All my towels etc are white so that's not a problem.

GypsyMoth Fri 12-Jun-09 14:18:45

I've just done my bathroom. It's a White suite and White tiles. I painted Walls a silver grey, black/white marble effect vinyl tiles and all black/grey/aubergine accesories. And it looks great!!!

teenyweenytadpole Sat 13-Jun-09 08:01:43

Hi there that does sound very nice although perhaps a bit cold - personally I like bathrooms to be cosy! I think I need to go and get some colour charts. Any more suggestions??!

Sputnik Sat 13-Jun-09 22:06:28

You're right that terracotta would not go with grey. How about a kind of mauvey grey?

starshaker Sat 13-Jun-09 22:08:21

as soon as i kicked H out i painted my bathroom purple and it looked fab lol.

slackrunner Sat 13-Jun-09 22:34:17

I like black and white tiles/ vinyl in a bathroom (on the floor) - really smart IMO.

Mauvey grey might be nice (as per sputnik's suggestion), or a really warm cornflower blue?

ninedragons Sat 13-Jun-09 22:41:58

I like the sound of cornflower blue. I used to have a bathroom that colour and it was lovely but only because there was a lot of natural light - it would have been quite difficult to do my makeup if there hadn't been such good light.

Could you find a warm beigey taupe that would go with the marbling? I know exactly the tiles you mean. We have them (and aren't going to be renovating until DD is past the weeing-on-the-floor/scribbling-on-the-walls age) they're bloody vile.

teenyweenytadpole Sat 13-Jun-09 22:42:13

Hi all thanks for the suggestions - right now I actually feel like kicking my DH out and think purple would be good (very transitional colour, dontcha know!). Mauvey grey sounding good also. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now