Talk

Advanced search

Any good bed solutions for a toddler's bedroom which occasionally needs to be used for a guest room?

(7 Posts)
trixymalixy Thu 11-Jun-09 23:26:13

DC2 is due in August and we want to move my 2 year old to the spare room so the baby can eventually go in the bedroom closest to ours.

DH's family live quite far away and we need the room to be able to be used as a guest room when they visit.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma about what type of bed to buy for DS and wondered what solutions other people have come up with?

CMOTdibbler Fri 12-Jun-09 11:01:04

Either you buy a double bed for that room, an DS gets to stretch out, or buy a single with a pull out single underneath if theres not really room for a permanent double

Fizzylemonade Fri 12-Jun-09 12:50:11

Agree with CMOT, single bed with 3ft pull out underneath, you just need a valance to cover the gap between the normal bed and the pull out.

Make sure the "guest" bed has legs that lift it to the same level as the normal bed as some don't. Then it pushes together to make a 6ft bed.

ramonaquimby Fri 12-Jun-09 12:52:10

we bought a 3/4 double bed

trixymalixy Fri 12-Jun-09 15:00:31

Thanks, I've had a look at pull out beds and they look ideal, my only concern is that they are a bit high for a toddler in his first big boys bed. What do you think?

LadyOfWaffle Fri 12-Jun-09 15:02:14

I'd buy a sofa bed.

rubyslippers Fri 12-Jun-09 15:04:23

we are using our double bed as we have the same issue

we are then going to buy a fold out bed/chair so when we do have guests, DS can sleep on that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now