Talk

Advanced search

Accepted an offer on our place so finally selling. Place we want to buy already has multiple offers....

(6 Posts)
IlanaK Tue 09-Jun-09 16:51:28

Just a moan really. We have been trying to sell on and off for a few years. We accepted an offer this week on our flat so we are finally moving! We saw a place last week that we loved. It has only just come on the market. Called to make an appointment for my dh to view this week and was told it already has two offers on it and people lined up to do second viewings. The owners are now considering what to do hmm

So, do I have any chance at all? Should I just go and cry now grin ?

LIZS Tue 09-Jun-09 16:59:02

You may if the buyers decide to go to sealed bids to achieve the best price - all offers would be entertained.

Fizzylemonade Tue 09-Jun-09 17:06:45

It would all depend on how long people's chains are compared to yours.

You need to find out whether the owners of the house you want want a fast sale as they have their heart set on somewhere or whether they are still looking or haven't even started looking.

Go and second view it, and if you can talk to the vendors.

IlanaK Tue 09-Jun-09 17:27:09

We don't have a chain. The person buying ours has nothing to sell (rich parents buying for their son).

I don't know anything about the owner's situation.

Just sad really as I want this flat!

Fimbo Tue 09-Jun-09 17:33:18

Don't give up hope. You are in an excellent position probably better than most of the other potential buyers.

The likelihood is the rich parents will be buying yours outright which is even better as no loans etc. (the people who were buying our house had the same scenerio with the people buying theirs).

Think positive, go view.

IlanaK Tue 09-Jun-09 17:56:49

No, they have MOST of the price of our flat (about 4/5ths) and will be raising finance for the rest. This is the same as us for the place we want to buy (applying tonight for mortgage, but it takes weeks to get approval apparantly).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now