Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if its possible to buy Fired Earth tiles direct from the manufacturer in Spain?

(7 Posts)
whatsthetimemrwolf Sun 07-Jun-09 09:56:19

I've seen some Fired Earth tiles I like for our bathroom but as we've already spent so much on the suite I need to cut back on tile costs.

My BIL lives in Spain and I wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to source Fired Earth tiles direct from the manufacturer and if so, how I go about finding them? Thanks in advance

wombleprincess Sun 07-Jun-09 20:30:06

how do you know they are from spain?

SparkyUK Mon 08-Jun-09 16:43:16

I remember looking into this when I was doing our bathroom. I didn't end up doing this (because we ended up with tiles from criterion - if you are in london, it is worth visiting their "criterion 2" store as they have some real bargains) but I did find out the company that made the tiles by first finding someone who was selling them on eBay. They had a picture of the box that the tiles came in which was branded with the Spanish company, rather than fired earth. then it was just a case of googling to get the company details. Worth a try...

wombleprincess Mon 08-Jun-09 17:45:49

or simply taking the FE tiles to a range of tile shops, bound to have something the same/similar (thats what i did). one thing to consider... when you factor in the transport will it still be cheaper?

also one way of cutting costs when you want expensive tiles is to consider how much you actually need to tile. if you look in the FE brochure lots of the bathrooms only use tiles around the wet areas with paint in a similar colour in other areas.

whatsthetimemrwolf Tue 09-Jun-09 20:58:23

Sorry for not replying earlier, have been offline! wombleprincess - the tiles I liked on the FE website say they are from Spain (I think!). I've no idea about the transport and whether its just a daft idea of mine (of which I have many!). Good point about how much of the walls to tile. Sparky - great idea thanks, off to have a look at ebay. We're in Berkshire so not too far away from Fulham so think I might take a trip in at the weekend.

wombleprincess Tue 09-Jun-09 21:04:02

oh oh oh.... there is a fired earth seconds and normal shop in oxfordshire i believe.. might be worth going there.

is a natural stone you are after?. if so that is very easy to match at a fraction of the price.

LilRedWG Tue 09-Jun-09 21:05:31

There is a great importer of Spanish/Italian tiles in Worcestershire called Omega Tiles. Their number is 01527 66608.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now