Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

EA pushing up offer prices

(7 Posts)
LovingTheSunshine Fri 05-Jun-09 21:18:02

This afternoon we ofered the full asking price on a house we love, as we were led to believe that the OP had offered the full asking price. Later on when I was talking to the EA about our position he got in a bit of a muddle about who offered the full asking price first & I told him he had told my husband the OP had & that it is now sounding a bit iffy. Is there anyway we can find out who offered first? I feel as though we have been pushed into making an asking price offer & totally have no faith in the EA. Thank you.

Owls Fri 05-Jun-09 21:21:32

Well tbh I'm not sure how you could find out. Does it matter though? If you really want the house and are happy with what you've offered how will it change things if you find out? Or has your offer not been accepted?

LovingTheSunshine Fri 05-Jun-09 21:29:34

I think it matters b/c (I believe) both the OP & us have been falsely led into believing the other party had offered the full asking price. We have offered our maximum now & have no scope to increase.

lalalonglegs Fri 05-Jun-09 21:29:53

You can always revise your offer. Just say you have had second thoughts and only want to offer £x - the estate agent isn't going to tell the vendor why you have gone lower.

LovingTheSunshine Fri 05-Jun-09 21:36:11

But then the vendors will have a full asking price offer on the table & our revised lower offer. We will stick with the asking price offer but will not increase as would then have to pay 3% stamp duty.

Thanks.

Owls Fri 05-Jun-09 22:35:48

It's such a stressful time isn't it. But I think you've made your offer now and if it's a home you love and want long-term then it doesn't matter who made what offer when.

You've still got to get your offer accepted. Then the surveyor's report and valuation. Could be scope for re-negotiating then depending on what that throws up.

noddyholder Sat 06-Jun-09 09:04:11

I think you should withdraw your offer for a few days to think things over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now