Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how much roughly is it to have someone else pack up a 3 bed property in london to move??

(9 Posts)
newmumof2 Thu 04-Jun-09 07:33:28

we have 2 little ones i cannot face the packing nightmare ahead and thinking of getting a removals company that does the packing for you but just wondering around how much it would be?

also any recommendations?? we're in north london

cheers

claricebeansmum Thu 04-Jun-09 13:26:50

Couple of grand.
The packing bit does not cost a lot more than a basic move.
Don't use Pickfords.

Rhumba Thu 04-Jun-09 13:33:25

from memory I think we paid about £700 for moving from our 5 bedroom house. think the packing only added about 200 and that included all the boxes and packing materials.

Rhumba Thu 04-Jun-09 13:34:40

oh sorry we're not in London. However I thin it was about 1200 to pack our previous 3 bedroom in Bromley and move to scotland

Fizzylemonade Thu 04-Jun-09 21:03:17

In Rhumba's case the petrol and mileage from Bromley to London would add up to quite a bit.

We had 2 removal teams (no packing as we did that) but we moved 100 miles and they stored our stuff overnight and delivered it at 9am the next day to the new house.

Meant that we weren't moving in in the dark and were all nice and fresh and rested instead of frazzled grin

One crew of 3 moved us out of 3 bed house, kept the driver, he then turned up the next day with new 2 man crew from here to move us in.

It was pickfords, we have used them twice and would use them again mainly for the whole insurance for both properties and we never had any problems.

CMOTdibbler Fri 05-Jun-09 11:47:15

It was 1200 to pack and move my 3 bed (but a lot of stuff) house from West Sussex (Kent edge) to Worcestershire - 150 mile move 18 months ago. I can't remember how much the packing cost was, but the move before, it was only 150 quid more than the move alone.

They turned up Thursday morning, were packed by 3pm, and delivered it Friday at 1.

We have used Pickfords for both of our relocations, packing both times, and they have been outstanding.

Just make sure that anything you don't want them to pack is in your car - they go through like locusts !

bran Fri 05-Jun-09 11:51:05

I can't remember how much it was, but I remember that it wasn't that much more to have it packed for us and it was well worth it even before we had children. We used Maitland Bell to move from SW to E London and they were very good. The arrived at about 9am, packed up a 3-bed Victorian house and had finished moving us in by about 3.30 pm. You have to unpack the boxes yourself, but it would be difficult for someone who doesn't know you to do that anyway.

notcitrus Fri 05-Jun-09 15:50:52

Phone Six Keys - they were fab! (I used Acton branch) Packing would have been only an extra £200 over the move. We paid £950 for a jam-packed 2-bed 1st/2nd-floor flat.

Best grand I ever spent.

fruitstick Fri 05-Jun-09 19:10:18

these people were fantastic. About £900 to pack everything in sight and move 100 miles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now