Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

moving to worcester/malvern can anyone advise please?

(4 Posts)
leonifay Tue 02-Jun-09 21:05:13

hi me and dh have decided to move from birmingham to worcester area (theres a whole back story but i doubt any of you would want to hear it!), we've decided that malvern looks nice but does anyone know of any other areas that are really nice?

were looking for a quiet village feel, with lots of country side. we dont know the area at all, so recommendations would be greatfully recieved.

happywomble Tue 02-Jun-09 21:29:22

Colwall (other side of the hill from Malvern) is a lovely village and has a station and primary school. House prices probably not that cheap though.

It all depends how rural you want to go and whether you need primary or secondary schools etc.

Ledbury is a lovely market town.

Malvern itself is very nice.

Would you be commuting to Brum? And if so by train or car? If you need access to M5 Powick (between malvern and worc) might be a good bet..or the area to the North west of worcs..Ombersley maybe

leonifay Tue 02-Jun-09 21:40:34

we have no children i'm a childminder, and dh works all over the country. not so rural that i cant get work but away from opening my curtains to 2 rowdy pubs opposite (1 i can handle!)
thanks for the advice i will look in to thoes areas

CMOTdibbler Wed 03-Jun-09 22:01:22

Do you want a small town or a village ? Places like Pershore are small enough to be friendly, but have a pool, community cinema, shops etc.

Ombersley is very foodie if you like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now