Talk

Advanced search

Bought house but no keys to living room windows!

(5 Posts)
citybranch Sun 31-May-09 11:05:33

Has this ever happened to anyone & what did you do? Is it worth contacting the window company to see if they can find a key that fits?
My living room is so stuffy.

whoops Sun 31-May-09 11:13:21

if it is upvc windows a key cutting place should have them I think, we went to get one cut once for work and we were told they were standard keys and just passed us one from the shelf! Do you have other windows with locks in the house? Could you try one of those?

citybranch Sun 31-May-09 12:00:35

Yes, all other windows in the house have locks & keys, and believe it or not it is a different key for every room in the house, none fit the living room! Guessing that the previous owners had the windows done at different times. They are UPVC windows.

Fizzylemonade Sun 31-May-09 13:26:24

You can buy a replacement handle in white/chrome/gold from screwfix if you are struggling.

here

It is a nightmare when they don't leave keys.

littleboyblue Sun 31-May-09 13:27:57

Yeah, we moved into our place last year and don't have a key for the windows, but we are a first floor flat so I didn't bother doing anything. They can't be opened from the outside either, but may have to re-think when ds's are old enough and big enough to get to them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now