Talk

Advanced search

Why would only a dribbele of water be coming out of my downstairs tap? All others fine

(8 Posts)
mrsmaidamess Sun 31-May-09 11:03:05

Any plumbers around? Or knowledgeable folk?

mrsmaidamess Sun 31-May-09 11:03:26

And I can't spell frikkin DRIBBLE

wiggletastic Sun 31-May-09 11:05:45

Your cold water supply is off. All others upstairs etc. will be from the tank in the loft which will have water in it. Hot water from the hot water tank. Check your stopcock and if thats ok, phone the water company. There may be a burst pipe somewhere in the street. HTH. smile

wiggletastic Sun 31-May-09 11:06:45

Oh, and since it is a hot day, get to the shops for lots of bottled, if its a burst main it may be off for a while.

LIZS Sun 31-May-09 11:27:14

Could be a drop in water pressure somewhere on the mains or air trapped in the pipes afterwards. Downstairs taps are fed direct while others route via your storage tank which may well not be being refilled as you use them ie flush loo, take a shower.

mrsmaidamess Sun 31-May-09 12:03:57

Does it make a difference that I have a megaflow not a tank in the loft (converted)

Could it be limescale rather than a pipe issue?

wiggletastic Sun 31-May-09 19:08:37

Your megaflow tank should not make a difference, it will get water from the main and be full so you can still use it until the water runs out. I think its unlikely you would get such instant limescale build up but we are in Scotland so I have no experience of limescale. Did you manage to find out what was causing it? Has it been resolved?

mrsmaidamess Sun 31-May-09 21:25:39

I think dh will have to take the tap of and have a look. Thanks for your answers though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now