Talk

Advanced search

Rubber playground flooring......any advice?

(15 Posts)
nobodysfool Sun 15-Mar-09 20:30:09

I am trying to find a company who sells the rubber flooring like you would find in a playground.
I would prefer the pour on type than the roll or tiles.
Is there anything i should be made aware of and any companys that you can recommend.
Thankyou.

Sorrento Sun 15-Mar-09 21:54:41

Have a look on rainbow playsystem's website www.rainbowplay.co.uk I think, we bought ours from there.

nobodysfool Mon 16-Mar-09 19:47:57

Thanks Sorento.Off to have a look now.

nobodysfool Mon 16-Mar-09 19:50:38

couldnt find anything on there.

faraday Tue 17-Mar-09 11:29:17

FWIW I know that 'rubber' asphalt stuff costs a fortune!

Someone asked this question in a broadsheet's 'property' pages months ago. The answer was that it was expensive, it could detract from the value of a home- then rather controversially, suggested the questioner should accept the risk of children falling off play equipment! This WAS at the height of the about-face of RoSPA when they said that childhood accidents were inevitable and a valuable learning experience.....

Sorrento Tue 17-Mar-09 11:35:24

http://www.rainbowplay.co.uk/surfaces.php

hth

nobodysfool Tue 17-Mar-09 20:12:40

Faraday-that article must have been written by somebodys who doesnt have clumsy,fearless boys! wink

nobodysfool Tue 17-Mar-09 20:14:58

Sorento-thanks for the link.Will give them a call in the morning.

southeastastra Tue 17-Mar-09 20:16:18

well they do need to learn risky play faraday. so i wouldn't bother either.

nobodysfool Tue 17-Mar-09 20:35:33

There is plenty of risk everywhere else.Just wanting to make our playarea as safe as poss.DS1 is deff not wrapped in cotton wool and is regually sporting bruises,just would rather him not add a cracked skull to the list.

abraid Tue 17-Mar-09 20:39:16

Another option is to dig a pit and use bark chippings--can be cheaper and more aesthetically pleasing. It's what we use in our village playground.

GinaFjord Tue 17-Mar-09 20:40:58

But the pit is also very likely to become a giant cat toilet.

<bitter experience emoticon>

Sorrento Tue 17-Mar-09 22:17:08

We have the rubber chips and own 4 cats they never go in the play system area, mainly because cats are private they want to be hidden.

It cost us about £2k but frankly i was happy to pay for 2 reasons, firstly I didn't want to be sued if the neighbours kids fell and 2nd I have never broken a bone and want that same track record for my children.

LucyLouMack Fri 14-Jan-11 08:58:54

Our local Community council used this company. They were really good and out of 5 prices were the cheapest although I couldn't tell you the actual price. They offered a few types of playground surfacing including the rubber playground surface.

Look at Playground Surfaces

LucyLouMack Fri 14-Jan-11 09:01:17

They were call Groundwork and Leisure Services Ltd, I've just checked the site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now