Advanced search

we have condensation inside our double glazing- advice please!

(7 Posts)
nowwearefour Sat 21-Feb-09 13:45:45

does this mean the seal has gone? do we need to replace said windows or can we fix this issue? it is in the kitchen so lots of heat against cold outside etc....

nickytwotimes Sat 21-Feb-09 13:49:25

If it is inside the double glazed unit, you need to replace the glass unit, but not the whole window. Depending on the size, maybe £200?

nowwearefour Sat 21-Feb-09 16:26:24

ok that sounds hard to understand but i assume a window company will know what that means! my uncle runs one but lives miles away- maybe he will come and have a look at some point! thanks!

deste Sat 21-Feb-09 18:00:39

You will have to replace the pane, but be very carefull. The men who came to do ours left us with a window that is misshapen.

nowwearefour Sat 21-Feb-09 19:23:59

ok thanks very much for that hint- something to be wary of. hope yours isnt too visible deste- often when it is your house you notice things that other people wouldnt see at all...

deste Sun 22-Feb-09 20:15:00

Yes I can see it. It definitely dips in the middle.

southeastastra Sun 22-Feb-09 20:16:39

we have that in our bedroom it looks so awful, on here someone said the seal had gone wasn't too expensive to fix but i haven't done it yet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: