Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help us find some rugs please

(13 Posts)
JandLandG Sun 08-Feb-09 21:32:25

lucky us...we're just about to move into a lovely old cottage, great countryside, open fire, exposed beams, nice nooks and crannies, the lot...

the living room has a big stone floor in front of the fire, so we need a floor covering for there..the owners are letting it unfurnished and are taking their nice old rugs.

any thoughts on where we could get something suitable?

its a pretty big area...say the length of a three seat sofa squared...to go with our very non-rustic urban-chic(!) dark brown leather sofas. was thinking dark purply as a predominant colour...but not necessarily

the room has off white walls and that nice green grey farrow and ball colour on a couple of bits of architrave...

all suggestions appreciated...ebay/gumtree hasn't got much, other sources? don't mind second hand. don't really want to pay a fortune cos its only temporary really...the lease is for a year. also more rugs/runners for nice wood floors al round the house...i fear this might be costly!

come to think of it, none of our habitat/ikea type furniture will look any good in this place...where to buy nice rustic chests of drawers etc etc

many thanks in advance

JandLandG Mon 09-Feb-09 12:25:34

bumpation for daytime mners to peruse smile

bella29 Mon 09-Feb-09 13:01:22

Saw some lovely ones in Habitat recently, including a very big ribbed cream one for only £199.

Best of luck with the move wink

JandLandG Mon 09-Feb-09 19:48:10

any eveningtime mners have any ideas for me?

bluesky Mon 09-Feb-09 19:55:06

funkyrugs.co.uk are brilliant.

I've got 2 from there, easy to use website, colour coded etc, you have never seen SO MANY rugs!!

JandLandG Mon 09-Feb-09 22:02:49

oooh...just on it now.

wouldn't you know it, the most nicest, loveliest aubergine one we clicked on had 10 per cent off.

only £1560 grin

do argos do rugs???

Pannacotta Mon 09-Feb-09 22:08:37

I have often found good rugs in John Lewis, prices nt too bad, esp in clearance (though that is a way away in July now).

MaplePecanPlait Mon 09-Feb-09 22:21:39

<<whispers IKEA>> they are quite reasonable and you are only there for a year, yes?

MaplePecanPlait Tue 10-Feb-09 09:38:35

blimey - that really was the kiss of death wasn't it!!

JandLandG Tue 10-Feb-09 11:37:21

hee hee...nooooo...sorry, i did look at their website....maybe.

what i really want is an abundant source of fantastic olde worlde rustic rugalia where quality and charm and character and style comes cheap.

bloody intersphere's rubbish these days..can't find anything like that! ha ha

i thught there'd be loads of second hand on fle bay but no...we're doomed!

JandLandG Tue 10-Feb-09 11:39:29

flea bay, sorry.

bloody apple keyboard.

ruined my great pun.

oh well, i'll have to sh-rug it off.

geddit?

MaplePecanPlait Tue 10-Feb-09 12:11:29

b-boom!!

I got a big one off Ebay but think I searched under Persian rugs. It was under £100 and looks suitably aged and rustic.

Never one when you need one though!

LouMacca Tue 10-Feb-09 12:26:32

dunelm-mill.co.uk do lots of different rugs. They do huge sizes and are very reasonable. My neighbour bought ones from there, its lovely and the quality is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now