Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever used Gapseal to fill gaps between floorboards?

(5 Posts)
mrsmaidamess Sun 01-Feb-09 11:37:03

Was it successful?

mrsmaidamess Sun 01-Feb-09 12:39:35

Where's Puzzlerocks when I need her??

lal07 Sun 01-Feb-09 12:45:37

Yes - this is the stiff tape stuff - we had huge and uneven gaps between the floorboards and worked really well. Use an old credit card to shove it between the boards. I think they send you a free sample (or a cheap one anyway) so you can try it out before buying a lot.

Has been a lot less drafty since we did it (or DH did it and I made unhelpful suggestions). Which reminds me we must finish last bit..<rushes off to make unhelpful suggestion>

mrsmaidamess Sun 01-Feb-09 12:57:40

OOh lal! Can I ask you, how does it stay put? It says it can withstand vigorous hoovering. Is it sticky? (I have ordered sample tape)

lal07 Sun 01-Feb-09 16:37:01

It isn't sticky but it does seem to stay put - we put it down in the summer and have to hoover pretty often (at least every other day). Can't claim to hoover very vigorously though but it shows no sign of budging from my half arsed efforts. Thinking about it I've even used the nozzle attachment thing to get bigger crumbs etc out of the gap and it still hasn't come up. Will ask DH if he has any fab tips for putting it down...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now