Advanced search

What sort of tradesman do I need for this job? (other than one with great pecs and tight buns)

(5 Posts)
HandleMeCarefully Wed 21-Jan-09 14:25:03

Sorry just used that title to hopefully lure you into a dull subject matter....

My bathroom needs work - not major work, just the following:

- Paint flaking off walls exposing the plaster
- wooden skirting board at base of shower cubicle (exterior to shower cubicle)is also flaking paint quite badly
- grouting around shower looks like it needs redoing

Will a general painter and decorator do all of that?

Or do I need some other tradesperson to do the grouting bits.

I really am spectacularly ignorant about such matters

BennyAndJoon Wed 21-Jan-09 16:10:51

Maybe a tiler?

Lizzylou Wed 21-Jan-09 16:12:31

There are often "general handyman" adverts in local press/leaflets through door, cannot guarantee muscle tone, but they should be able to help.

Pannacotta Wed 21-Jan-09 17:45:00

Agree that a handyman/woman is your best bet.
Look in local press or ask around for recommendations.
A decorator would do the first two but prob not the grouting, a handyman could do all three.

HandleMeCarefully Wed 21-Jan-09 19:16:08

Ah, fab - thanks all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: