Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about the Dulux Paint Pod please.

(18 Posts)
NotDoingTheHousework Thu 30-Oct-08 11:37:04

Message withdrawn

Ruthiebabes Thu 30-Oct-08 11:52:53

Hi,

We have just had an extension and are in the process of painting it!! A huge job!

We bought the Selkin paint runner at the ideal home show this year. You fill up the roller with paint and away you go. Same principle as paint pod.

Pros-

- quick

-you dont need to keep dipping the roller in paint

- gives a lovely finish, no splashing at all so wont get on worktops, floors etc

cons-

heavy to use

We are pleased with it, but my husband uses the normal roller for the ceiling coz it is heavy to work over your head.

colacubes Thu 30-Oct-08 11:56:35

oh interesting, I am about to embark on a marathon painting spree and was considering the pod, so I will hang back and wait for the feed back!

kiwibella Thu 30-Oct-08 12:13:32

we need to give our flat a paint and I was wondering about whether these are worth the investment too.

2point4kids Thu 30-Oct-08 12:15:29

I saw thw ad for this and was interested too!
How much is it do you know?

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 30-Oct-08 12:19:33

Message withdrawn

autumnwardrobeonthecheap Thu 30-Oct-08 13:07:39

I think it's about £70 for the unit (but often on offer) and £30 for 5ltr paint. But apparently paint colour is limited.

I have read of people buying the special tins of paint then refilling them with cheaper paint?

kiwibella Thu 30-Oct-08 13:07:51

I think the b&q ad says £40.

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 30-Oct-08 19:06:49

Message withdrawn

misdee Thu 30-Oct-08 19:11:10

i have one.

i got it half price, its worth £35 IMO not £70. the paint is more expensive and you are limited in choice, but the colours appeal to me.

so far, have used the white for ceilings and walls, first dawn blue in our room, and this evening am painting the babys room in raspberry diva. the hallway is will be done in two different sdhades of yellow. the most i have used is half a pod at a time.

the cleaning is good, but needs to be done near a drainage point to make it even easier as you can spill the dirty water easily. i find it needs two cycles of cleaning, rather than one, to get it clean to my standards.

i would get the extenhsion pole, as it saves any ladder usage, aside from the cutting in with a paintbrush.

misdee Thu 30-Oct-08 19:16:21

the brush, small paint pot and little funnel have to be cleaned by hand, but its a lot less faff than the cleaning of rollers and trays.

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 30-Oct-08 19:22:20

Message withdrawn

misdee Thu 30-Oct-08 19:24:21

b and q had them last week for £40. its been on offer on and off since august. i paid £35 for it.

if you are local, then you are welcome to come and try out mine if you want. you could finish the babys room for me tonight wink only joking, dd1(8years old) is helping me today with it lol.

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 30-Oct-08 19:24:49

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Thu 30-Oct-08 19:29:44

Message withdrawn

flipflopper Mon 03-Nov-08 15:28:53

Would it not just be cheaper in the long run to buy loads of rollers and chuck them when you have finished (like i do) blush
lets face it, the rollering is the easy bit- you will still have to cut in with brushes and possibly use normal roller to do ceilings.
Sorry to pour cold water on it-but there really is no easy way to decorate!

Fizzylemonade Tue 04-Nov-08 11:00:47

I buy roller sleeves from Screwfix, buy plastic tray liners from B&Q and bin the lot at the end of the job.

I would rather do that than wash them due to the amount of water required and chucking all that paint down the drain.

My mate has the pod and says it is noisy and heavy and the paint is expensive.

Andthentherewerethree Tue 04-Nov-08 11:19:19

i was sceptical about the paint pod too, but after b&q last reduction down to £35 i brought one and a tin of pretty pink to do dd's bedroom and it was fab, so much easier than a normal rolelr and tray.

took me half the time too. the brush that coems with it is a triangular shape and cutting in was so much easier with it. there was no splasing or having to put down sheets to stop the floor gettign paint on as there are absolutley no drips at all.

i literally did dd's bedroom in 2 hours! including cutting in!!!!!

my only criticism is that the paint comes in such big tins as i only used about half a tin for dd's room and now tryign to think what else i could paint pink lol.

but the coloursa re pretty much what i would choose anwyay boring neiutrals and a few colours. the enxt one ios blue for ds2's room and then i will buy a tube of paint pigment and add to the left over blue to amke a darker blue for ds1's one wall he wants painted blue.

i am interested in thsi filling with other paints though, doe sdit work is thet paint the right consistency?

oh and re cleanign as misdee said i did 2 cycles to get it really clean. and i didn;t find it noisy or hevay either as basiclaly only moved it twice to differnt sides fo the room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now