yep, knew the area on both, and those houses don't come up for sale very often, so snapped them up while we could. DH is an architect and has a building company, so wasn't bothered about any work that needed doing
Bugger. Someone viewed our house on Sat. No word yet (although agent closed on Sunday). They made all the right noises but it's hard to tell what people really think and the market is utter shite at the moment.
I don't think you need to worry. No news is not necessarily bad news. We're looking at the moment and saw two houses on Saturday - we're definitely going to put an offer in on one of them. But the market is so slow right now that I don't feel the need to rush - in fact I don't want to seem over keen because I don't want to pay over the odds in the current market. I think the days of immediate offers have gone for a while.
We'll probably get back to the estate agents tomorrow or Tuesday. So there may still be hope yet.
I love you bogey blamer It's hard not to get your hopes up at a time like this. I don't know what the market is like out there for buyers. From a selling point of view there's so few buyers out there it's hard not to rip their arms off pulling them through the door (particularly as we know the people who were viewing have sold their house) BUT talking to a property locator person the other day she said there is just not much out there on the market for buyers so they have limited options. Anyway no point speculating! I will just have to wait and see <trying not a remember that I am massively impatient>
Same day or next day (for last 2 houses), but that was for a house in a road on the first day it was on the market and the houses there tended to sell in a day, and the next house already had an offer on it so we were given a deadline to offer by. I should think that there is more time to think about it in the current market.
Bogey - Crap news. Well sort of. Estate agent had got it wrong. Basically the couple who viewed both had houses to sell. He has sold his, she hasn't sold hers. Apparently they liked our house but can't afford it unless she sells hers. So waste of time really. We already have someone who LOVES the house but can't sell theirs so we are back to square one - thanks for asking though!
Loler - Moving house is shite, we're sort of on hold for everything. We don't want to make any financial decisions (even booking hols etc) until we know what we're doing. In this market though, there's not much point getting worried about it, we've just got to sit put and wait for viewers <adopts stoic expression>
<realises she isn't fooling anyone and goes back to a mild fret>