Talk

Advanced search

Quick survey: How long after you viewed a house did you put an offer in?

(18 Posts)
DANCESwithLordPsGhost Sun 26-Oct-08 20:49:46

I can't remember what we did when we last moved...

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Sun 26-Oct-08 20:50:25

same day
on both

DANCESwithLordPsGhost Sun 26-Oct-08 20:51:04

After one viewing?

acoady Sun 26-Oct-08 20:52:15

We had two viewings on our current house, and then put in an offer the following day.

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Sun 26-Oct-08 21:00:03

yep, knew the area on both, and those houses don't come up for sale very often, so snapped them up while we could.
DH is an architect and has a building company, so wasn't bothered about any work that needed doing

MrsMattie Sun 26-Oct-08 21:43:18

Put in an offer on the spot. We'd seen a lot of houses, knew what we were looking for, and were quick off the mark when we found it. This was last year, though - property market very different then.

twinsetandpearls Sun 26-Oct-08 21:44:43

same day.

MatNanPlus Sun 26-Oct-08 21:44:48

Saw it with agent, saw it again alone 15 minutes later and put an offer in that was accepted an hour after that.

RottenOtter Sun 26-Oct-08 21:46:02

i normally know before i go in
in a fast marke offer on day

slower may wait a couple of days

DANCESwithLordPsGhost Sun 26-Oct-08 21:49:39

Bugger. Someone viewed our house on Sat. No word yet (although agent closed on Sunday). They made all the right noises but it's hard to tell what people really think and the market is utter shite at the moment.

BlameItOnTheBogey Sun 26-Oct-08 22:01:36

I don't think you need to worry. No news is not necessarily bad news. We're looking at the moment and saw two houses on Saturday - we're definitely going to put an offer in on one of them. But the market is so slow right now that I don't feel the need to rush - in fact I don't want to seem over keen because I don't want to pay over the odds in the current market. I think the days of immediate offers have gone for a while.

We'll probably get back to the estate agents tomorrow or Tuesday. So there may still be hope yet.

DANCESwithLordPsGhost Mon 27-Oct-08 06:41:26

I love you bogey blamer grin wink It's hard not to get your hopes up at a time like this. I don't know what the market is like out there for buyers. From a selling point of view there's so few buyers out there it's hard not to rip their arms off pulling them through the door (particularly as we know the people who were viewing have sold their house) BUT talking to a property locator person the other day she said there is just not much out there on the market for buyers so they have limited options. Anyway no point speculating! I will just have to wait and see
<trying not a remember that I am massively impatient>

<jumps and down a little bit>

<calms self and has cup of tea>

BlameItOnTheBogey Mon 27-Oct-08 15:59:34

Any news yet on this Dances? I am still try to track the estate agent down...

hifi Mon 27-Oct-08 16:42:54

as soon as we left it!

loler Mon 27-Oct-08 16:47:47

2 days later (dh in sales and was playing it cool - it worked as got lots of money off)

Millarkie Mon 27-Oct-08 16:50:10

Same day or next day (for last 2 houses), but that was for a house in a road on the first day it was on the market and the houses there tended to sell in a day, and the next house already had an offer on it so we were given a deadline to offer by. I should think that there is more time to think about it in the current market.

loler Mon 27-Oct-08 16:51:00

should have added that it was bought from a builder at the end of their financial year so it doesn't make us sound like heartless nasty people keeping a family holding on!

Good luck! Remember whatever they knock off your price you are likely to be able to do to the next house! Moving is hell isn't it!

DANCESwithLordPsGhost Mon 27-Oct-08 21:40:16

Bogey - Crap news. Well sort of. Estate agent had got it wrong. Basically the couple who viewed both had houses to sell. He has sold his, she hasn't sold hers. Apparently they liked our house but can't afford it unless she sells hers. So waste of time really. We already have someone who LOVES the house but can't sell theirs so we are back to square one - thanks for asking though!

Loler - Moving house is shite, we're sort of on hold for everything. We don't want to make any financial decisions (even booking hols etc) until we know what we're doing. In this market though, there's not much point getting worried about it, we've just got to sit put and wait for viewers
<adopts stoic expression>

<realises she isn't fooling anyone and goes back to a mild fret>

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now