Talk

Advanced search

All you folk knowledgeable about elevations and building drawings, please help!

(4 Posts)
WinkyWinkola Fri 24-Oct-08 18:24:23

What would you expect to see on building plans for a preliminary meeting prior to actually applying for planning permission?

I'm not even sure why we have to have a preliminary meeting. Why we can't just submit plans and be done with it.

Anyway, I've just received some elevations from our architect today. They've taken six weeks to deliver and IMO, there is no information on them that I can really show the council what we plan to do. I'll try to put them on my profile.

Can anyone let me know what I should be looking for on my plans? And the council are just interested in how the house is going to look on the outside, aren't they?

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Fri 24-Oct-08 18:26:48

I think they also like to see where it's going to be on the plot wrt boundaries etc.

frankie3 Fri 24-Oct-08 18:40:40

It is useful to have a meeting so that you could change things if need be before submitted application. Best to show scale plan of building in plot and elevations and where windows will be. This is so that they can see if the development will block light to any houses or have windows overlooking them.

WinkyWinkola Fri 24-Oct-08 20:31:35

That's the thing though. These plans have no indication of how the neighbours will be affected, how the house will look in terms of the rest of the street.

Should these plans be showing this type of thing?

Could you tell me what information should definitely be on the elevations at this stage?

i.e. the size of plot the build/extension is to fill?
How it will affect neighbours' views / light etc?
The type of window e.g how it will fit in with the rest of the street's architecture?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now