Advanced search

What would you offer for this then?

(7 Posts)
stickybun Fri 17-Oct-08 00:35:40

We are renting, don't need a mortgage and can move really fast. Don't like the sound of oil heating and would go for geo-thermal if poss. OECD said something recently about prices dropping by 30% and I've seen other things saying property is likely not to recover 2007 prices til 2023. Have they built this in already? I don't think so - what do you clever sorts think? Ta v. muchly
Here it is

hoarsewhisperer Fri 17-Oct-08 09:20:18

it's lovely, but i wouldn't even bother offering at the moment...i would personally not pay more than 350, and they are unlikely to accept that at the moment.....

i'd keep renting - in 9 -12 months your cash is going to be worth alot more in real terms....

noddyholder Fri 17-Oct-08 09:42:08

It depends really on a lot of factors.Other prices locally what it was worth in about 2003ish sellers position how much rent you pay etc.I would say 325 if you love it and maybe go to 340.We have just bought complete today in same position as you cash buyer in rented and was v easy in this postion to get a big reduction.I am sick of renting though and just want to get on

lalalonglegs Fri 17-Oct-08 10:53:07

Oooh, it's lovely from the outside. Have you viewed? Does it need any work? Is it compromised in any way? Have no idea what values are in Cotswolds (except that it's v v expensive area) so you need to research the area and realistic asking prices and then, unless the place is perfection itself, offer accordingly. I don't think there will be any harm in waiting until after Christmas and seeing what happens - psychologically, that's a biggie for most sellers.

beautifuldays Fri 17-Oct-08 20:43:12

looking on i would guess it's worth around the 300k mark atm.

tis a lovely house

stickybun Fri 17-Oct-08 20:47:23

Thanks for your answers think I am in a mix of all 3 of them altho' have been telling self since we moved into rented in Feb 'not before lst qutr 2009'. We to move anyway by Jan 13 as llord is returning from abroad and wants house back (rather annoying given that we always said we wanted long-term!) Feel bad about dragging kids to another house and need to be careful re. catchment for big schools if they are to go local - but it will be worth it one day. Like you (were) Noddy I feel as tho' am rather in limbo/sick of it - congratulations to you on concluding your house hunt successfully - you must be made up smile or do I mean envy wink

stickybun Fri 17-Oct-08 20:55:00

Sorry - meant all four messages were helpful smile. Know we were/are being irrational - and that we will have to rent somewhere else - think I was a bit flustered by out by Jan 13th. We'll just have to tough it out and have a few treats if get down in dumps. Will look on nethouseprices beaut haven't done that yet - thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: