Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If councils install gas boilers should they not also install CO detectors in council homes like they do

(11 Posts)
KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 16-Oct-08 11:52:21

with smoke alarms?

I mean what is the difference?

Both kill.

CO kills silently.

Every winter you hear stories. CO detectors aren't cheap. I'm assuming most council tenants will not put a priority on their purchase.

I bought one and it was 40 euro.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 17-Oct-08 22:10:33

bump

LadyOfWaffleIsScaryEnough Fri 17-Oct-08 22:12:04

Definatly should.

Kaplumbagadort Fri 17-Oct-08 22:12:56

I thought they had to put carbon monoxide detectors in now?
I had one installed about 2 yrs ago when they did the yearly gas checks.

misdee Fri 17-Oct-08 22:14:41

we had a CO2 detector in our council bungalow. also when the smoke detector died they sent someone out the same day to replace it as an urgent call.

we are now in a HA house. no smoke detector (has been disconnected from the mains for some reason) and no CO2 detector. we have to wait till thursday for an electrician.

fortunatly have a battery smoke alarm ourselves already.

am not impressed by our new HA.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 17-Oct-08 22:16:06

I'm in Ireland. sorry should have specified.

They came out for their "annual" inspection (sorry if you died in the meantime) and I asked about it and he said, nope, people have to buy them themselves.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 17-Oct-08 22:16:41

ha is housing authority? Is that council in uk?

misdee Fri 17-Oct-08 22:18:23

yes council in uk. HA is housing assicoiation. we have a mix of coucil properties and HA ones here.

I miss the council bungalow already sad the HA are just really bad at communication.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Fri 17-Oct-08 22:19:32

i can't believe they gave you a house without a smoke detector.

misdee Fri 17-Oct-08 22:21:28

i know. was a mutual exchange. was not overly impressed that it had been disconnected. and less impressed that we have to wait till thursday for a new one to be put in. there is a hole in my ceiling with wires in it, which the kids canreach from the stairs.

stretchmarkSCREAM Fri 17-Oct-08 22:22:48

We have one. Ours is council.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now