Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had a new boiler via a WarmFront grant?

(9 Posts)
procrastinatingparent Tue 14-Oct-08 21:06:54

And if so, do you remember how long it took from contacting them to having it installed?

The plumbers working on our extension managed to knacker our boiler today, but are claiming that it was in bad nick anyway (it did work fine this morning hmm). We will be taking the matter further with them, but unfortunately our extension budget does not include enough to install a new boiler.

We should qualify for some help from WarmFront given the benefits we are on, but don't know how long it will take before we can be warm again.

procrastinatingparent Tue 14-Oct-08 21:15:25

anyone?

pgwithnumber3 Tue 14-Oct-08 22:11:54

My Mum deals with this so I will ask her how long it could take.

procrastinatingparent Tue 14-Oct-08 23:02:06

Thanks, pg - that would be really kind.

<<shivers, and wishes she was somewhere warm>>

pgwithnumber3 Sat 18-Oct-08 18:05:14

Sorry for only just getting back, haven't had much chance to speak to my Mum until today.

She said that it could take up to 3 months to get sorted at the moment. sad Have you spoken to anyone yet? Is there anyone who suffers with bad health in the family?

procrastinatingparent Sat 18-Oct-08 19:42:45

Thanks so much for talking to your mum, pg - that's really kind.

Amazingly, the boiler managed to sort itself out overnight shock but we are waiting for it to go again as it is pretty old. It looks like we need to get on the waiting list then! Will tell DH to get a move on.

mumnosbest Tue 28-Oct-08 22:38:05

Our boilers had it too. What is a warm front grant and who can get one?

midnightexpress Wed 29-Oct-08 10:05:56

Don't know much about Warm Front but there was a piece on You and Yours (I think) on r4 last week about it - apparently lots of the approved contractors were charging way over the odds. You night be able to find it on listen again?

dilemma456 Thu 30-Oct-08 08:34:15

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now