Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Fired Earth paint ?

(8 Posts)
Debris Tue 23-Sep-08 13:14:29

We are decorating our living room at the moment, using Fired Earth paint, the eggshell finish really isnt covering well, Im surprised and disappointed tbh. Anyone else found this ?

MadameCastafiore Tue 23-Sep-08 13:15:40

It marks like hell - we changed to Farrow and Ball or Laura Ashley as spent lots of money on FE and was disappointed!

GooseyLoosey Tue 23-Sep-08 13:15:53

Yes, I used it for Kitchen cupboards a few years ago and found it chipped really easily. This time around I have painted them with a B&Q paint and it is much more hard wearing and much cheaper!

PixelHerder Sat 27-Sep-08 23:17:20

You need to mix it really well, or it's thin and oily at the top of the tin and thick and chalky at the bottom - that's what I found anyway.

V difficult to use all round - though the colour was nice, just as well really! Wouldn't buy again though.

rubyloopy Mon 29-Sep-08 12:27:52

Message withdrawn

orangina Mon 29-Sep-08 12:28:53

Horrible stuff. Avoid. Particularly useless in kitchens....

Debris Fri 03-Oct-08 15:22:42

thanks everyone. we have given up on the eggshell and changed to farrow and ball. Have really wasted money on Fired Earth. tis not cheap.

tissy Fri 03-Oct-08 15:26:34

We have it all over our house, as the colours always seem to be just what we were looking for. The matt finish is really matt, and works well on ceilings that are not altogether level!

We have it in our kitchen- not a problem at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now