Talk

Advanced search

So how much would you pay for.... (come on, noddy you know you can't resist)

(16 Posts)
LazyLinePainterJane Sun 21-Sep-08 22:03:40

A house has been on the market since April, and has dropped £10,000 to £130,000. 3 bed semi.

Looking on Property Snake, there are quite a few in the same area that have been on for a similar amount of time, dropped similar amounts, asking similar prices.

Nethouseprices tells me that houses in the area in mid 2006 were going for about £140,000 ish, up to a maximum of £160,000 until the prices started dropping recently.

Ad says "scope to refurbish and modernise" which says a lot. I think asking price is too hopeful, what do you think?

We are renting, first timer buyers, not desperate to buy but would be happy to if I could get something at the right price.

speculate!

Jampot Sun 21-Sep-08 23:13:57

offer £105,000 and take it from there

do you have a link/

noddyholder Mon 22-Sep-08 06:37:46

shock how very dare you! 100 and go up to 110

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 22-Sep-08 07:27:03

grin

I knew you would want a link.

here goes

I was thinking around the 100 mark as well hmmmmm

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 22-Sep-08 07:27:53

has this ever happened and someone has said "hang on, that's MY house!"...?grin

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 22-Sep-08 07:28:57

Do you think it's worth more because the listing has inappropriate quotation marks? grin

Jampot Mon 22-Sep-08 09:47:44

hmmm good location for tranport and of course v close to KE schools + Cadbury World. I used to live in hall green

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 22-Sep-08 10:02:59

DH works very close to Cadbury World, would be a good location for us. Might go and have a look at the area in depth this week I think, haven't strayed much beyond BV area.

excuse ignorance, what are KE schools?

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 22-Sep-08 10:04:10

oh do you mean king edward?

iwouldgoouttonight Mon 22-Sep-08 10:13:10

Have you looked at it yet? I always think when they don't put any photos of the inside of the house it must need quite a bit of work doing to it! So I'd put in an offer of around £100k and see what they say. Work out how much it would cost you to do it up and what you can afford.

If its been on the market for so long they are probably expecting lower offers and more likely to accept if they are keen to sell.

Jampot Mon 22-Sep-08 10:18:04

yep king edwrds

have you befriended the estate agent? sometimes it's worth it

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 22-Sep-08 10:19:34

haven't seen it yet, am wary of the lack of inside photos so assume it needs work. Work I don't mind if the price is right.

I like the house....maybe it would be worth waiting until the new year in general though? A lot of sellers seem rather stuck in the mud wrt prices. But then, nothing lost by asking right?

iwouldgoouttonight Mon 22-Sep-08 10:22:59

No harm in asking - if you're first time buyers with no chain they might be more likely to accept a lower offer anyway.

Good luck!

cupsoftea Mon 22-Sep-08 10:24:38

check out this link for info on the prices in the area www.houseprices.co.uk/

Jampot Mon 22-Sep-08 10:27:40

right have telephoned the agent and put myelf forward as prospective csh buyer. they have refused offer of over hundred nd fifteen. they are looking for hundred twenty. i told them i am looking tobuy for when my dd goe to uni in 2 year but no rush if they're not prepred to drop grin

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 22-Sep-08 10:48:34

shock

Jampot!

grin

HAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious! And very interesting. hmmmm.

Well, I wouldn't pay any more than 110 for it, so I guess we shall wait until after Christmas!

thanks! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now