Advanced search

so, persumably now that water has seeped down the back of my brand new kitchen worksurface and caused it to buckle there is nothing I can do?

(6 Posts)
Shitemum Sun 21-Sep-08 21:30:03

Yes, it´s my own fault. We didnt put the splash back up becuase the plugs were too low and needed moving and now the splashes from the sink have got into the worksurface and it´s swollen up a bit.

Is there any solution apart from taking it all apart and replacing the damaged bit?

It was all fitted brand new in July...

Shitemum Sun 21-Sep-08 21:52:52

Does no-one have a trick that will magically fix it?

Ebberley Sun 21-Sep-08 21:57:59

I think that you could call your buildings insurance company. You may find that you are covered under accidental damage or somesuch clause.

Shitemum Sun 21-Sep-08 22:17:29

ebberley - good idea, unfortunately we have just moved in and haven't taken out insurance yet blush

SaintGeorge Sun 21-Sep-08 22:18:16

Replace it. Sorry, but if has blown then it really needs to go.

Treat the raw edges of the new piece using watered down PVA. That should protect it from blowing until you can fit the splashbacks and seal it properly with silicon.

Shitemum Sun 21-Sep-08 22:25:23


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now