Talk

Advanced search

Quick, urgent!!! If you were getting a new front door, would you choose a dowel door which looks nice with double glazing, or a M&T door with toughened glass that doesn't look quite so nice?

(10 Posts)
LittleBella Mon 15-Sep-08 13:26:56

Dowel is not quite as strong as an M&T but not sure if the M&T is so much stronger that it makes much of a difference. Also does double glazing make much of a difference with toughened glass?

Opinions please!

LittleBella Mon 15-Sep-08 13:31:11

LittleBella Mon 15-Sep-08 13:31:15

lalalonglegs Mon 15-Sep-08 16:15:02

Couldyou give link because I don't know what they are? Suspect you are leaning towards dowel door though.

LittleBella Mon 15-Sep-08 17:26:48

LOL you are right!!!

I have now decided, am empowered to make a decision without the approval of mumsnet. wink

Lauriefairycake Mon 15-Sep-08 17:29:38

in my head M&T means mother and toddler?

<mind boggling emoticon>

LittleBella Mon 15-Sep-08 21:15:26

LOL.

Mortice and tenon (i think that's how you spell it.)

It's just a different constructiobn, it's the traditional way of making the panelled doors and I think they're stronger than the dowel way but not sure what the exact diff. is

Tinker Mon 15-Sep-08 23:45:43

I am actually interested in this question. shock Don't know what either are but do want to replace our vile upvc door. Any links?

LittleBella Tue 16-Sep-08 12:16:29

Tinker, www.diy.com is the b&q site, they have loads of doors which apparantly aren't bad. My carpenter was going to do a Howden's door, Magnet etc. also do them and if you want to pay £5,000 for one there are also plenty on t'internet!

Tinker Sat 20-Sep-08 22:37:29

£5000 shock Will look, thanks LB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now