Talk

Advanced search

Bungalow with either 3 double bedrooms and a single or 3 double beds and an en suite ?

(10 Posts)
KatieDD Thu 11-Sep-08 19:44:12

What do you think ? I'm keen on the en suite personally but we will be moving in about 3 years so need to bear this in mind.

LadyOfWaffle Thu 11-Sep-08 19:47:37

mmmm.... ensuite. Esp. if only one other bathroom.

NomDePlume Thu 11-Sep-08 19:58:05

ensuite

snooks Thu 11-Sep-08 20:00:44

On the face of it, the ensuite. However, would it be worth the faff and expense (for reselling purposes) to put an ensuite in one of the 3 doubles and keep the single too?

KatieDD Thu 11-Sep-08 20:07:45

No it wouldn't work, i'd have to loose the single. I'm thinking though, older people buy bungalows and 4 beds is a lot for a bungalow really isn't it, I'm pretty sure the only people around here with any money left are the older generation who need less bedrooms but a nice smart house ???

nowwearefour Thu 11-Sep-08 20:09:07

cant see the benefit of en suites myself. i would have the extra room every time

Anifrangapani Thu 11-Sep-08 20:21:06

I love our bugalow.

I used to be an EA ( please don't hate me) and the thigns people are most worried about in our area are Location, character, number of bedrooms, size of garden & parking in that order. A bugalow does not cut it on the character front or the parking, so we got ours really cheap (reletively). These could make it difficult on the resale side, but I have plans to buy the field behind and buy the bungalow next door raise it to the ground and build a fantastic house on the plot. I just have to wait until the neighbour and one of the brothers who owns the field dies ( they disagree with each other on principal). I am much younger than either of them grin

lalalonglegs Thu 11-Sep-08 20:53:23

Ensuite BUT see if you can get pp to go into the roof and then the buyers will have the option of more space should they need it.

If not, keep the bedroom and make it a study.

KatieDD Thu 11-Sep-08 21:47:56

There's already a study and a large dining/kitchen and a big lounge. Parking for 2 cars and huge garden, the location is ok, nice area, handy for the local shops etc.
Hmmm am utterly torn now lol

Could go into the roof, if we took it off and added another 8" but it's a semi and I don't want to spend too much as I believe we're at the ceiling price already for the next few years, unless I turn it into the forever house which tbh I don't really want to.

kbaby Sun 14-Sep-08 20:44:02

ensuite.
Im in the same pickle but we only have 4 bedrooms and no bathroom upstairs in our bungalow, cant decide if we should keep 4 bedrooms + no bathroom or get rid of a bedroom and put a bathroom upstairs.
Not sure if losing a bedroom for us would devalue it or if gaining a bathroom would actually add value.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now