Talk

Advanced search

AIBU - to expect an answer to my offer on a house in four weeks?

(8 Posts)
Orinoco Mon 08-Sep-08 20:37:07

Message withdrawn

noddyholder Mon 08-Sep-08 22:15:46

Ring them and say you are considering somewhere else.I had to do this at the end of last week as I made a low offer and the seller was stalling for sentimental reasons hmm I gave her until 5 that day and she soon decided.

somersetmum Mon 08-Sep-08 22:24:34

Can't you go direct to the builders?

lalalonglegs Tue 09-Sep-08 09:43:41

I don't see why the builders would feel pressurised. They're in business and, if it has stood there for three years unsold, I would think they would be grateful.

Orinoco Tue 09-Sep-08 19:19:48

Message withdrawn

lalalonglegs Tue 09-Sep-08 21:20:50

Owners are clearly insane. Can't help thinking there must be something pretty odd about it if it hasn't sold in three years...

Orinoco Tue 09-Sep-08 22:10:31

Message withdrawn

Fimbo Tue 09-Sep-08 23:47:13

My friend wanted to part exchange on the house next door to me. They wouldn't.

It went for a song to my new neighbours because the had sold, were porting their mortgage and could complete in 3 weeks.

Could you go back to the builders and ask what they are looking for? Then decide what to do next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now