Talk

Advanced search

Help me find some heavy duty steel shelving brackets please!

(11 Posts)
CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Mon 08-Sep-08 08:07:19

hi, we are creating some heavy shelving with 3.5 m span and need strong brackets. HELP. i have googled and looked at screwfix etc. thanks

Pannacotta Mon 08-Sep-08 10:58:43

IKEA/B&Q/Homebase?
Could you use more brackets than usual to give the support you needd, rather than v heavy duty ones?

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Mon 08-Sep-08 17:27:00

thanks pannacotta but they are v. heavy and industrial is the way forward. i am quite happy to go with industrial chic i just can' t fine any.

noddyholder Mon 08-Sep-08 17:30:35

Try Janaken think thats how you spell it Just google they do heavy duty brackets for shops and factories Some look ok too x

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Mon 08-Sep-08 17:47:44

thanks noddy but i just tried to google janaken and could only find a presentation company, is that what you mean?

noddyholder Mon 08-Sep-08 17:57:27

No they are a company that fits out shops May not exist anymore Will have a look and let you know

Millarkie Mon 08-Sep-08 20:25:02

We got some massive shelf brackets from IKEA a few years ago.

Millarkie Mon 08-Sep-08 20:30:57

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60120127 This sort of thing - BRODER from Ikea

blithedance Mon 08-Sep-08 20:31:25

3.5m is an exceptionally long span? Would really recommend you divide it or the shelf will sag in the middle.

Never mind the brackets, are you sure your shelf/wall/wall fixings are strong enough?

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Mon 08-Sep-08 21:09:45

millarkie - broder would be perfect but is too big for the smaller shelves and too wee for the big one.

blithedance - sorry should have said length the brackets will be breaking the span.

think we will go with fugly white things from screwfix.

blithedance Mon 08-Sep-08 21:46:54

We have some heavy bookshelves on this kind of bracket

here

Called a Cantilever bracket - a bit tidier than those utility pressed-metal ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now