Talk

Advanced search

I have just had my offer accepted on this place.. am so excited!

(14 Posts)
duke748 Sat 06-Sep-08 17:26:51

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-18867244.rsp?pan=1&trt=buy

My offer of £105k was accepted and I am so excited.

Its just a little pad but perfect for just me and my kittens. ;0)

Its just £100 per month more than the place I am renting, and I think thats worth it for the chance the call a place home.

Do you think I'm mad to be buying at the moment?

And do you like my new pad?

Thanks peps. Opinions appreciated as always.

marmadukescarlet Sat 06-Sep-08 17:40:51

www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-18867244.rsp?pan=1&trt=buy

nowwearefour Sat 06-Sep-08 17:42:41

congratulations. it looks wonderful. that is the price i paid for my first place so a good number! you will be v happy there i am sure.

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 06-Sep-08 17:50:54

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 06-Sep-08 17:51:26

Message withdrawn

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 06-Sep-08 17:53:03

Is that on Jennyfields ??

duke748 Sat 06-Sep-08 17:57:52

Hey.

Thanks for the link marmaduke.

Well remembered NDTH - I was a bit naughty and switched my current pad for this one, current pad is similar standard, but he wouldn't budge from £130k! Just didn't feel right!

And yep, in Jennyfields, a nice quiet cul-de-sac with plenty of garden for the kitties to play in. And a shop and chippy and offie nearby for me. Very different to my current village location.

Thanks to all for your comments so far, I love MumsNet!

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 06-Sep-08 18:27:24

Houses on Jennyfields always hold their resale value.

You won't make a fortune, but if you are in it for the long term, you will make money.

Fimbo Sat 06-Sep-08 18:31:56

Very nice, Duke.

The current owners obviously love black and white - lol grin

giraffeskeel Sat 06-Sep-08 18:35:02

It looks lovely. I think you're mad to post it on here though.

Just think- this is where you will be living, and that link has your address etc. on there. That would freak me out. Can you ask MN Towers to delete it?

gardeninggirl Sat 06-Sep-08 19:33:53

Congratulations - love the garden that gets the sunsmile
We are buying too - so we are all mad together then!
Its an exciting time - Enjoy your new home
GG

jalopy Sat 06-Sep-08 20:21:06

Lovely, duke. Hope it all goes smoothly.

duke748 Sun 07-Sep-08 12:51:50

Thanks for messages.

Fimbp - I noticed that too. My plan is to get a blind with some red in it and red tea towels for the kitchen, so it will be black white with splashed os red. And switch the wallpaper in the bedroom for a greeny/turquoise to match my bed linen and curtains.

The lounge will be blue to go with a gorgeous picture I have of the sea, but I just need an accent colour to go with it, maybe green? What do you think?

To be fair to her though, she is a 60 something year old and i thought she had quit modern taste - I guess she knows what she likes!!!!!

I get what you mean about posting it on here, but no-one knows who I am, so all I am saying is that someone lives there, am I not? Thanks for your concern though.

Duke

deste Mon 08-Sep-08 19:10:25

Your not mad. We have just bought this week for my daughter also. Your house and garden look lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now