Talk

Advanced search

Advice need re: putting up blinds...

(7 Posts)
mamachat Wed 03-Sep-08 09:42:48

I need to put up a roller blind in dd's bedroom, but it is bigger than the window so need to fix it to the wall...

I think I need wall plugs as the screws are screwing in but do not seem like they will stay.

So wanted to know how to go about fixing them on the wall?

Do I screw the screw into the wall first to make a hole then just put the wall plug in afterwards?

Sorry might seem like a silly question, but I am cluless...

noddyholder Wed 03-Sep-08 09:43:50

You need to drill into the masonry and tehn use plugs and the right screws.Screws alone will fall out by the end of today or as soon as you pull it!smile HTH

mamachat Wed 03-Sep-08 10:22:56

thanks for the advice, sorry what does masonry mean? as i said i am cluless...

notcitrus Wed 03-Sep-08 12:15:59

Masonry = the bricks around the window.
You will need wallplugs - drill a hole slightly smaller than the plug, then push the plug in and bash with a hammer until it goes all the way in. Then screw the screw into the plug.

Your local library will probably have a comprehensive DIY handbook.

mamachat Wed 03-Sep-08 23:13:51

oh thanks for the advice, need to borrow a drill for a family member so still have not put my blinds up...

BlindsGirl Thu 30-Oct-08 17:08:01

Your roller blinds should be supplied with screws, brackets and fitting & trimming instructions as standard. If not, contact your manufacturer/supplier to see if they can send them out to you.

LIZS Thu 30-Oct-08 17:11:56

Alternatively screw a wooden baton above the window (you may find there is a steel joist just above which is a pita)and attach blind fixings to that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now