Advanced search

Washing machine flooded, now big crack in roof below machine - who do i call

(4 Posts)
krugerparkrules Mon 01-Sep-08 16:57:37

As title says, had blocked drains, washing machine flooded, and just noted that their is a HUGE crack in the ceiling below where the machine is (the water has seeped through) - who do i call to look at this? Ihave no idea who to call - any ideas, i live in north london ....

CarGirl Mon 01-Sep-08 16:58:48

contact your buildings insurers to start off with.

cmotdibbler Mon 01-Sep-08 17:00:10

Call your buildings insurer and ask if you can claim on escape of water. If you're covered, then they should provide a builder

Its probably that the plaster board in the ceiling has absorbed the water and become too heavy for the fixings - it'll need to come down and be replaced

krugerparkrules Mon 01-Sep-08 17:01:20

thanks for that!!! hadnt even if thought of building insurers ....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: