Talk

Advanced search

Furniture Hunt - non officey home office furniture needed!

(7 Posts)
MissisBoot Mon 25-Aug-08 14:25:55

I'm going to be working from home soon and need some furniture to store all my work stuff in, however, I'm going to using my dining room as an office during teh day so need some non officey type furniture to store files/paperwork etc in and have a printer/fax/phone either on or in.

I've looked at ikea and can't see anything that will do the job - the rest of the furniture is oak - already have a sideboard and shelves, but that is more for personal stuff (and don't have anywhere to move this too!)

Thanks!

FlightAttendent Mon 25-Aug-08 14:30:55

I have a nice old wooden desk from ebay.

It holds so much yet looks Ok in my living room.

That's one option.

MissisBoot Wed 27-Aug-08 11:25:57

I'm going to use the dining table as a desk so won't need another one - I'd like something where I can stash everything away at the end of teh day so don't have to look at it when I'm not working.

TwoWindyDays Thu 28-Aug-08 14:31:23

Laura Ashley do some nice glass fronted bookcases.

Cant beat a nice swivel captains chair

Pannacotta Fri 29-Aug-08 11:24:07

Can you get some smart low cabinets for your filing? IKEA has some nice ones IMO.
Or Habitat?

makeminealargeoneplease Fri 29-Aug-08 15:52:13

Saw gorgeous bureau in Laura Ashley which was tres expensive though, i think they have a sale on at moment though.

MissisBoot Fri 29-Aug-08 21:43:45

Have just seen that bureau - very nice!

Am now tempted by a small desk and have seen some small painted metal filing drawers from ikea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now