Talk

Advanced search

What would you offer on this?

(9 Posts)
saggyhairyarse Fri 22-Aug-08 20:57:22

www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-19978034.rsp?pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

noddyholder Fri 22-Aug-08 21:49:52

WideWebWitch Fri 22-Aug-08 21:53:23

I'd start by taking off 30%, so that's £165k and I'd gradually go up from there. The banks are asking for 30-40% deposits from ftbs, which gives us all a fantastic indication that they think the market's overvalued by that, eg if they need to get their money back they want to know they can.

WideWebWitch Fri 22-Aug-08 21:54:41

But I am terrible and take about 30-40% off every price I see. The fact is the market is stagnant so if you're in a good position to proceed then I'd go in v low to start with.

saggyhairyarse Fri 22-Aug-08 22:11:43

Thanks for the insight. It is my house and we were offered £200K today. I am not sure what to do! When we put the house on the market school/nursery runs meant we 'needed' to move but now we don't so much and could stick it out for another 4 years til DS starts Secondary School.

That said, I have seen this:

www87.vebra.com/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?details2?src=12&firm=11395&branch=2&prop=216792

Which ticks most of the boxes we have (bigger plot, extra reception, open plan kitchen/diner etc). So assumming they are negotiable it might all be coming together.

Or not, we will see. Deffo can't afford the massive flat with no garden now though!

Jampot Sat 23-Aug-08 00:14:26

oh they are both lovely

oldnewmummy Sat 23-Aug-08 06:41:52

I'd be tempted to keep your existing house and convert your garage - you'd get a nice big room out of that and still have room for storage. Would prob cost the same as your moving costs.

WideWebWitch Sat 23-Aug-08 08:17:09

Take it if you've got an offer, it's a good offer. And then offer correspondingly lower on the Portishead one, so take 30% off and go up gradually from there.

saggyhairyarse Sat 23-Aug-08 08:21:03

ONM, that was the plan when we first moved here and/or loft conversion but our DS did not get on well at local school so he is at a school 7 miles away. So we do want to move so that the children will go to Secondary school with their friends and that otehr house is walking distance to school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now