Talk

Advanced search

Estate agents SHOULD be biting FIL's hand off but no, they can't be arsed, just a whinge really

(4 Posts)
WideWebWitch Fri 22-Aug-08 13:53:43

FIL has cash (up to £275k) to spend on a 2 bedroom bungalow with a garden near us. They don't need to sell their property to move.

Dh went round to all local agents last Saturday giving specifications and asked them to send any matching details direct to FIL.

However they have sent NOTHING despite the fact that I have just read today's property pages and several of then have exactly the right spec property on their pages. So if FIL wants to see those houses he'll have to ring THEM!

And for this they'll get 2% of the sale price! Or whatever the going rate is these days.

Jampot Sat 23-Aug-08 00:20:10

i;d be inclined to put a "wanted" ad in the local paper/newsagent/post office - people will be desperate to do a deal without the agents.

WideWebWitch Sat 23-Aug-08 16:53:10

Jampot, THAT'S a good idea. I went into an agent today and got the details of 3 places but the woman couldn't have been less interested, didn't ask me what I was looking for, didn't ask if I wanted to see them, no interest at all. Absolutely SHIT if you're the vendor and you want to sell, these people are not acting well on your behalf.

I will ask dh what he thinks but I think that's a great, great idea.

lalalonglegs Tue 26-Aug-08 16:33:25

I would be tempted to put a note through vendors' doors if address is on details telling them that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now