Talk

Advanced search

brother and sister sharing rooms?

(5 Posts)
amateurmum Wed 20-Aug-08 22:16:47

Currently ds1 and ds2 share a bedroom. It is very large (whole top floor of house) and the occupant of one bed cannot see the other.
dd has moderately sized bedroom of her own.

Due to regular arguments between ds's I feel it would be better in terms of family dynamics to have ds2 and dd share and move ds1 into his own room (he is 10 and would like his own space I think).

However, dh does not think that boys and s sharing room is a good idea and that we would have to revert to current arrangement as dd gets older (she is 4 at the moment).

Does anyone have brothers and sisters share rooms and does it work?

fiodyl Wed 20-Aug-08 22:32:48

I do but DD is only 2.5 and DS 18 months.

No choice as it is only a 2 bedroom flat.

cheatedon Wed 20-Aug-08 22:38:19

I think there is a problem when boys hit pre puberty age as curosity can be a problem. It is not advised for older boys to share a room with younger female siblings, someone told me there is a law against it (although I don't think there is).

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Wed 20-Aug-08 22:41:35

If you were in a council house you would be re housed when the eldest child was 10.

Although I don't think there is a 'law against it'. It is just a council policy.

TwoWindyDays Thu 21-Aug-08 14:48:45

Could you divide the room?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now