Talk

Advanced search

Curtains!

(12 Posts)
mrsmalumbas Wed 20-Aug-08 14:14:20

We live in a rented house which is fine, but the decor is a little tired. We are thinking of buying some new curtains etc to freshen it up. I need two pairs of full length pencil pleats for the living room (can't do the tab top or eyelet kind because the curtain rail would need changing and as it's a rented house I can't be arsed). I want a nice contemporary design, in something that will go with cream, rust, gold type tones. I have looked online (next, john lewis, littlewoods, even tescos!) and in BHS and Debenhams. Can't see anything I like! Don't want to spend too much so made to measure or places like Habitat are reallyt too much. Any suggestions for where else to look? I am stumped.

Iklboo Wed 20-Aug-08 14:15:12

Do you have a T K Maxx or T J Hughes near you?

mrsmalumbas Wed 20-Aug-08 16:15:47

Ah, there is TK Maxx not too far away - thanks, I will give it a try. When I have been before to look at clothes I always feel slightly overwhelmed, and wander out again in a dispirited way. But maybe I can cope with the home furnishings dept!

deste Wed 20-Aug-08 19:31:45

Dunelm Mills are reasonably priced and have some nice colours and patterns.

mrsmalumbas Wed 20-Aug-08 21:35:08

Hi thanks I don't have one of those, live out in the sticks!

Pannacotta Wed 20-Aug-08 21:36:19

How about Habitat or IKEA? Laura Ashley also good for ready made curtains and would not right off ebay either.

SomeLikeItHot Thu 21-Aug-08 13:24:42

argos maybe? or ebay would be a good one.

Swedes Thu 21-Aug-08 16:25:02

Ebay?

hanaflower Thu 21-Aug-08 16:26:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

southeastastra Thu 21-Aug-08 17:13:05

i just bought some really nice curtains from b and q, have huge windows but they were reasonably priced

EachPeachPearMum Thu 21-Aug-08 21:36:40

Is there a curtain exchange anywhere nearby?
Also, charity shops often have long curtains, usually from the houses of little old ladies sad but could be dyed maybe.

mrsmalumbas Fri 22-Aug-08 23:02:55

Thanks, like the M&S ones but would like a bolder pattern - everything else in room v. neutral. Will check out B&Q thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now