Talk

Advanced search

vinyl self adhesive floor tiles?

(6 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 20-Aug-08 11:08:22

i have decided that my kitchen is in dire need of decorating but im skint so vinyl floor tiles are all that i can afford. before i call my dad and sound really really thick and have him laugh at me for days....i am right in thinking that they are as easy as they sound? they do just stick to your floor and its as easy as that?

also my kitchen is white cuboard units with black/grey worktop so am thinking black floor white walls with black tiles behind the oven?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 20-Aug-08 11:09:48

oh and gor tiling behind the oven i will need to remove the wallpaper and tile the places that need tiling before repapering yes? that what seems the obvious thing to do

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 20-Aug-08 11:18:28

bump

tokentotty Wed 20-Aug-08 11:20:49

All I can say is we have just put them down in our little summer house (ie shed at the bottom of the garden wink) and they seem just fine. They were from B&Q. DH then went back and bought small white ones for the walls. They do the job but I don't really like them as it makes it look a bit of a padded cell. However the floor really does look good so I'd definitely say give it a whirl, and yes, they are as easy as they sound but I would definitely take your time laying them to get the best effect.

hth !

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 20-Aug-08 11:22:31

thank you. thats is how i thought it would be done it just sounded to easy.

Bramshott Wed 20-Aug-08 11:34:24

They are very easy - we have them in our bathroom. However, if the floor underneath is wood, make sure you hammer any nails in very firmly with one of those metal pointy things - we didn't do this very well in the bathroom and where the nails poke up they have now come through the tiles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now