Talk

Advanced search

pop up bath waste

(8 Posts)
Carameli Mon 18-Aug-08 13:17:44

does anyone have a pop up bath waste. It seems nice and tidy to just have to twist a handle and the plug pops up.

But I have also heard that with full bath they can be really hard to use against the pressure of so much water.

any experience?

GooseyLoosey Mon 18-Aug-08 13:26:59

I have them in 2 wash basins and have to say that I don't think either of them are particularly water tight but it may depend on exactly what sort you get.

belgo Mon 18-Aug-08 13:28:57

you mean a pop up plug? I have one in the sink which isn't that good, and one in the bath which is fine. I would prefer normal plugs.

claricebeansmum Mon 18-Aug-08 13:29:31

Yes - we have pop up bath waste and i nor the DC have ever had a problem with them.

Carameli Mon 18-Aug-08 13:41:36

yes its for the bath. Just wondered if you had a very full bath which I love that its hard to lift it up when you have so much water.

LittleMissNorty Mon 18-Aug-08 13:43:58

I have one in the sink - crap....and one in the bath - fine. I have to twist this thing in the bath to lift it up and have never had any problems

HTH

Jampot Wed 20-Aug-08 09:35:57

we had one in the bath and one in the sink too - the sink one used to pop up of its own accord which became annoying but the bath one was absolutely fine - they still lift off if you want to teh water to run away quicker.

notcitrus Wed 20-Aug-08 20:58:13

They're crap - you twist the knob and the plug comes up about 2 mm, so you have to use your nails to get the plug out if you want the bath to empty that day. And get icky with hair etc.

I thought the plug I had in a hotel bath which was simply a metal flap on a pivot in the plughole was a great idea, until I had a bath and it kept getting knocked open.

The bath in our loft will have a classic plug-on-a-chain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now