Talk

Advanced search

Not sure this is the right topic but.... HIPs pack

(3 Posts)
solidgoldbrass Sun 17-Aug-08 22:41:39

I live in a rented house and tomorrow some electrician is coming round to do an Energy Efficiency check which apparently is necessary for the HIP pack?
Does this mean my landlord is about to sell the house? I asked the agent who rang to make the appointment but she said no....however DS dad said that the only reason it would be being done is if the landord is thinking of selling.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 22:44:34

i think, bit not certain that landlors are going to be required to have an energy rating thing done too, i think it comes into force in october , dont quote me on it though!

Seabright Mon 18-Aug-08 22:38:32

Sounds like it to me, but it's not electricians that that do Energy Efficiency Checks (although I surpose some might have cross trained).

I think maybe landlords have to get electrical safety checks done now on tenanted properties (they certainly have to get gas checks done), so maybe wires have been crossed (bad pun) about what sort of check it is?

Will you be there while it's done? Ask the surveyor, she/he will know if its for a HIP, if it is, you landlord wants to sell (but that doesn't mean you definatly have to move, they may sell with you as a tenant)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now