Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a made-to-measure blinds company...?

(10 Posts)
WilfSell Tue 05-Aug-08 15:34:27

Preferably who I can order from online...

John Lewis quoted 200 quid for two blinds and I'm sure I can get them cheaper.

I need blackout blinds and want a spring rather than a cord mechanism.

LOADS of online companies but would prefer to hear from someone who is happy with service, final product etc.

Equally happy to hear your stories of horror and who NOT to use!

Thanks.

WilfSell Tue 05-Aug-08 16:43:15

anybody?

Jackstini Tue 05-Aug-08 16:44:37

Where are you? In Nottingham Hillarys Blinds and Factory Blinds are good

WilfSell Tue 05-Aug-08 16:59:44

Thanks - Midlands-ish actually...

Does that mean Hillary's have a factory shop? I suppose I could see if I could get some that don't quite fit and alter them...

Aren't Hillary's very expensive too?

brimfull Tue 05-Aug-08 17:04:16

I've used this company and been really impressed

WilfSell Tue 05-Aug-08 17:27:27

thanks ggirl - they look good but seem to be even more expensive than John Lewis TBH.

Any other suggestions?

brimfull Tue 05-Aug-08 17:33:38

I used the buy one get one free so got two blinds fro the kitchen for less than £100!

Jackstini Tue 05-Aug-08 20:12:26

Factory blind shop is near Ikea, just off J26 of M1. We got some vertical and venetian blinds made to measure and they were very reasonable. here are their contact details but don't think they have a website www.inottinghamshire.co.uk/profile/32423/Nottingham/Factory-Blind-Shop/
Hillary's have got BOGOF on at the moment www.hillarys.co.uk/blind-choices?source=1&CMP=KNC-PPC

wintera Sat 09-Aug-08 00:18:56

I would definitely look in your yellow pages or local paper for a local supplier. I had a quote from Hillary's when we got our kitchen done but then I got recommendations for a local company off a couple of people. They were much cheaper and just as good. Plus they offered excellent customer service and fitted the blinds quickly too. I have since had them back to fit a blackout blind in our bedroom and one in the bathroom.

I am not in the midlands though, I am in the north west so the company I used would be of no use to you, but I definitely think local companies offer better value than the more well known nation wide stores.

VJM Tue 19-Aug-08 17:39:14

i've recently used blinds-bar.co.uk twice - order online or over the phone. they're incredibly helpful and efficient. and i think reasonable for standard blinds. they also get samples out v quickly.

just got huge wooden venetian blind for bedroom for just over £100. smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now