Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a Megaflow and is it worth the cost?

(7 Posts)
Pannacotta Mon 04-Aug-08 15:41:30

Am looking into this as we need to update our rather antiquated heating system (we have a gravity fed system and the boiler is about 25 years old).
Any thoughts on cost and is it something you recommend?
There are 4 of us (DSs are 3 and 1) and both DH and I like long hot showers rather than baths.
Thanks

selby Mon 04-Aug-08 19:05:52

Love it, love it, love it! Having relocated to a rental house hundreds of miles away, we REALLY miss having a pressurised water system. Our newbuild house had a Megaflow system and it's worth every penny! (And much more pressure than a power shower!)Having got used to one, it's hard living with a bog standard shower. When we buy again, we'd be tempted to overhaul the system to a Megaflow - once you've experienced one, you can never go back! How's that for an endorsement?

SlapAndTickle Mon 04-Aug-08 19:08:07

WARNING
They are very expensive - about the same costs again as a condensing boiler, So if you calculate £1200 for a boiler add another £1200 + a lot of floorspace for a megaflo on top.

PS I love 'em too

lalalonglegs Mon 04-Aug-08 20:03:11

Yes and yes grin

Pannacotta Mon 04-Aug-08 20:50:46

Thanks all, they do sound good, am pretty sure they use them in Sweden, when I lived there power showers were the norm, and lovely, nothing like the rubbish showers we have here with gravity fed systems.
Are they a standardly huge size? Do we need a huge cupboard/spare room to put one in?! grin

willali Tue 05-Aug-08 08:44:16

Yes they are huge - ours lives in the garage (which is attached to the house IYSWIM)and looks like a small space ship. Second all comments about great pressure - if you have the opportunity to put one in I'd thoroughly recommend it!

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 05-Aug-08 08:56:30

What's a megaflow? If it's just something to improve water pressure then why not just fit a pump to the system?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now