Talk

Advanced search

If you're using professional movers, do you empty drawers etc?

(8 Posts)
Anglepoise Tue 22-Jul-08 10:33:27

Since I am PG and DH is weak wink we're paying some hefty men to move our stuff but packing ourselves. Do we actually need to empty the drawers in chests of drawers etc or do they just shift the whole thing into the van?

Fimbo Tue 22-Jul-08 10:39:22

They empty the drawers into cardboard boxes. (Although I did my knicker drawer myself!)

chopchopbusybusy Tue 22-Jul-08 10:45:30

Ask the movers what you should do. They will often just remove drawers when full and put them back in. Like Fimbo I did my own knicker drawer.

me23 Sat 26-Jul-08 18:02:58

I'm moving in 3 weeks. I ust assumed that you put all your clothes from drawers into black bin bags. Is this not right then? We are doing packing ourselves too, but movers are loading unloading.

SqueakyPop Sat 26-Jul-08 18:53:31

They can move the drawers full, so you neither have to empty them or refill them.

LIZS Sat 26-Jul-08 18:54:34

I only did personal stuff !

me23 Sat 26-Jul-08 19:05:45

thanks! that save me emptying the whole thing. yes I will defo move ''personal' stuff first ahem! grin

LyraSilvertongue Sat 26-Jul-08 19:08:26

I'd just take the drawers out so they can move themn separately. Can't be arsed with having to repack every drawer in the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now