Advanced search

Furnished letting - what has to be provided mandatorily?

(5 Posts)
toddlerhip Wed 09-Jul-08 16:00:03

Anyone know what has to be provided legally in a fully furnished property?

claricebeansmum Wed 09-Jul-08 16:01:59

I don't expect there is a law - but the amount of rent you can command will depend on what you are providing and the quality.

I think that it is just a marketing term. AST have no reference to what furniture - that's on the inventory.

LIZS Wed 09-Jul-08 16:04:09

I think it is pretty subjective , no actual legal requirements but whatever is on the inventory. Usually it might include white goods in kitchen ,sofas, beds and wardrobes. Anything soft such as sofa, beds , curtains has to meet flammability standards. All electrical goods should have been inspected and an annual gas safety cert issued for boiler/fire.

hf128219 Wed 09-Jul-08 16:05:01

Well gas and electricity has to be checked and certified as safe - annually I think.

Also beds, sofas etc must be fire proof.

Smoke alarms too.

toddlerhip Fri 11-Jul-08 00:00:01

Thanks all for these great tips.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: