Anyone know about Worcester Park ?

(6 Posts)
Housesearch2021 Thu 25-Nov-21 17:42:06

Hi! I’m looking at a house on Dorchester road and wondering if anyone has any experience of this area of Worcester Park? I’m not from the area so not too clued up. Anyone know if it’s safe, crime, what traffic is like? Anything to be concerned about?

OP’s posts: |
crystaltips36 Thu 25-Nov-21 19:04:19

I live in Cheam which is very near. My son used to go to the Dorchester School day club in the school holidays. It is a nice area and has a bus route that takes you to Morden tube station which is the start of the Northern line. My brother lives at the other end of Worcester Park near the train Station which has good links to London. It also takes you to the A3 road which goes to Central London or Portsmouth. In the high Street there is a big Waitrose, Iceland, Clarkes Shoes and a number of Restaurants. One end of Dorchester Road is near North Cheam which has become a bit run down of late but they are redeveloping there. There is a Sainsbury’s and a Weatherspoons and a couple of nice restaurants. There is a swimming baths in Cheam and Cheam Park which is lovely. 10 minutes away is Cheam Village and the historic Non Such Park which is beautiful. Good luck with your move.

Housesearch2021 Thu 25-Nov-21 20:04:24

crystaltips36

I live in Cheam which is very near. My son used to go to the Dorchester School day club in the school holidays. It is a nice area and has a bus route that takes you to Morden tube station which is the start of the Northern line. My brother lives at the other end of Worcester Park near the train Station which has good links to London. It also takes you to the A3 road which goes to Central London or Portsmouth. In the high Street there is a big Waitrose, Iceland, Clarkes Shoes and a number of Restaurants. One end of Dorchester Road is near North Cheam which has become a bit run down of late but they are redeveloping there. There is a Sainsbury’s and a Weatherspoons and a couple of nice restaurants. There is a swimming baths in Cheam and Cheam Park which is lovely. 10 minutes away is Cheam Village and the historic Non Such Park which is beautiful. Good luck with your move.

Thank you for the help! Is the area quite safe? I am on the other side of Dorchester road (closer to Worcester park)

OP’s posts: |
ChocolateHelps Thu 25-Nov-21 21:40:06

I live near by. The main downside with Worcester Park is the main road from the A3 to Cheam. It is solid with traffic every morning and afternoon from school run.

1 stop on the train (towards London) is Motspur Park that has similar 1930's houses. Advice there is to be the A3 side of the railway otherwise you can get stuck when the level crossings are down.

Both areas are pretty suburban and safe and easy to get to Wimbledon / Kingston and London (Waterloo in 25/30mins)!

Mountain123 Fri 26-Nov-21 19:43:24

Hi I live in Worcester park. The area is nice you want to live in but as the PP mentioned traffic can be slow area depending upon which way you are headed. The high Street is good and has all you need. The area is near dorcesterr school and so parking can be a bit crazy in the morning and turf out time at school.

We have lived here for over 9 years and really like the area. Happy to answer questions

BurnedToast Fri 26-Nov-21 23:20:02

Nice. I always find the people in shops friendly there when I visit MIL. Less snooty than closeby areas.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in