Don’t
Exchange
And Complete
On the
Same
Day

In case people need to self isolate... leave a buffer

Listersfan Mon 22-Feb-21 00:06:30

We exchanged and completed on the same day which was scary and incredibly stressful but worked out fine in the end.

We also did it all ourselves, but would not have done so if I'd been pregnant as huge amounts of heavy lifting.

I'd say get full removals, hold your nerve if exchanging and completing on the same day and keep your eyes fixed on thay first night in your new place. It will come, just keep moving forward!

Good luck 👍

pretendingtobezen Sun 21-Feb-21 22:25:39

Thank you all. Definitely trying to be ruthless although only allowed on visit to recycling centre a fortnight so running out of space!!

OP’s posts: |
countdowntonap Sun 21-Feb-21 22:14:42

We also exchanged contracts the day before the move, which was useful as everyone started to move bits the day before. i.e. our buyers bought two van loads of stuff on the Thursday afternoon.

countdowntonap Sun 21-Feb-21 22:13:21

We moved on Friday and did it all ourselves. We were very firm with our clear out beforehand, taking lots of items to the tip, which meant we only moved what was absolutely essential!

LockdownCheeseToastie Sun 21-Feb-21 21:30:17

Pay for packers and movers and stay out of the way. Put the bedding, overnight bags, kettle etc in the car and go have a legal day elsewhere.

pretendingtobezen Sun 21-Feb-21 21:19:24

Hi- we are moving very soon and I’m 23 weeks pregnant. We have removals people for the day but are nervous about both the move and covid related stuff. Any tips, especially for anyone who has moved in the last 10 months or so?? Huge thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in