Talk

Advanced search

Dream home?

(4 Posts)
Weightsandmeasures Sun 15-Nov-20 10:25:10

We are nearing the latter stages of buying a new house. I thought we had found our dream home but now I’m less in love with the property. It has been a long process and I have began to dislike the vendors and the estate agent. I can’t put my finger on exactly why I’m developing a dislike for them. Maybe it’s because I don’t feel they have been overall reasonable and I don’t trust the estate agent. I have a deep desire to find something else. I still love the property but the shine has faded.

Have you slowly gone off your dream home while you were waiting between offer and exchange? What made it lose its shine? Did you start looking for alternatives or did you continue with the purchase.

OP’s posts: |
Tomatoandbasil Sun 15-Nov-20 10:36:02

Is it just frustration with the long process?

MoirasRoses Sun 15-Nov-20 10:36:08

You no longer like the house because of the current owners & estate agent? What have they got to do with the house? Once you complete, you’ll never hear from them again! The house is yours to make your own..

If you pull out at the end of a long sale, they’ll hate you. What about the buyers if your home? Will they wait?

I don’t understand this mythical forever home/dream home. You can make any house a dream if it suits your needs. I’d say the house we are buying isn’t a dream to look at but I will be decorating & replacing worktops & new hard wood flooring and it’ll be a dream to me. It’s in my ideal location, schools are good, neighbourhood is friendly. The layout & space is exactly what we need at this point in our lives. I hope we’ll be happy there for many years, the house buying process is grim. But if circumstances mean we move again, then so be it.

Weightsandmeasures Sun 15-Nov-20 10:52:00

@Tomatoandbasil it might be the process. @MoirasRoses the buying and selling involves interactions with estate agent and vendors which can affect how people feel about buying or selling a house. I am not selling. The dream home will be a dream home when I make the changes that I need to make. It needs fixing up but the location is great.

I am waiting for the vendors to sort out a few issues on their end. Nothing to do with me but I won’t exchange until they are sorted out. I think I will start searching Rightmove to see what else is out there.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in