Talk

Advanced search

Looming national lockdown, two weeks from completion?!

(9 Posts)
MoirasRoses Fri 30-Oct-20 23:11:25

It’s being widely reported this evening there’ll be a national lockdown from Wednesday until December. I’m not against it to be honest but we are due to complete in two weeks time. Did house sales still go ahead during the last lockdown? And if so, did removal men still work? Our buyers are relocating from Scotland & already living in a hotel during the week as they start their new jobs here. Our chain has been delayed slightly by a few survey issues at the top, now resolved. Due to exchange next week & move the week after..

It’s all been so stressful, I can’t take anymore! 😩

OP’s posts: |
Neolara Fri 30-Oct-20 23:13:45

Obviously, until more info is announced, no-one can say for sure what will happen. However, people currently in lockdown in Wales can move house so fingers crossed.

Katkincake Sat 31-Oct-20 08:27:22

It’s now worrying me too. We’re in a rental, having sold in August, and our landlords want the house back so we’ve agreed to end our tenancy earlier than agreed to. So we need to move out a week before we complete, on the place we’re buying, into an AirBnB and shove the cats in a Cattery and have removals put more of our stuff in storage for a week (we already have most of it in storage)
If we can’t go to Airbnb and removals aren’t operating we’re stuffed. Hoping it’ll all still operate as normal

Mumbum2011 Sat 31-Oct-20 10:45:28

I just want to fast forward to middle of December and hopefully in new home and no longer going to explode with stress!

abbey44 Sat 31-Oct-20 10:57:29

I'm about a week away from exchange & completion on my house, so I'm another one on tenterhooks about what will happen if we go into lockdown. Covid has caused delays already, and if they stop house moves like they did during the last lockdown, I'll be gutted. I know worse things happen at sea and all that, but this will be the second time I've been at this point with this house sale and the stress is off the scale. I'm swigging Gaviscon from the bottle at the moment...🙄

ConquestEmpireHungerPlague Sat 31-Oct-20 11:28:01

Omg, your poor buyers. Horribly stressful to have committed to new jobs and staying in a hotel before exchange took place even under normal circumstances. They must be sick with worry. No advice, I'm afraid, but I wish you well.

halcyondays Sat 31-Oct-20 11:46:56

You can still move house in NI during the circuit breaker. I don’t think it will be like last time, you’ll probably still be able to move house.

Vintagevixen Sat 31-Oct-20 17:32:29

I did it in April so hopefully things will be clearer this time - good luck!

Beachhuts90 Sat 31-Oct-20 19:04:05

We moved the weekend lockdown started in March and removal companies worked then but my friend moved two weeks later and had to just hire a van and move herself. Hopefully for you it still works out as planned!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in