Talk

Advanced search

Covid-aware loos?

(6 Posts)
NewspaperTaxis Mon 05-Oct-20 11:30:05

We are looking to redo our downstairs loo. Does anyone know if there's a new thing going on where you can purchase a loo with a motion detector flush, like you get in public services such as malls? These days, with Covid being ongoing and maybe mutating, it would seem to be the far-sighted approach and frankly I'd have thought all new loos would be made like this... loo handles being by definition germ lairs.

I'd choose a door that slides open on approach like in Star Trek too, but that's not practical!
Does such a loo get sold for households or is it really more expense and trouble than it's worth? Is it a case like the electronic garage door, that once it breaks it's a bugger to fix?
I suppose I'd also look at hand gel dispensers but maybe not noisy hand dryers.
Sorry if this sounds a bit OCD but of course while it might have done some years ago, I don't think it does now!

OP’s posts: |
TwoBlueFish Mon 05-Oct-20 12:12:37

Maybe something like this Techo Touchless Toilet Flush Kit with 8” Sensor Range, Adjustable Sensor Range and Flush Time, Automatic Motion Sensor Toilet Flush Kit Powered by Batteries amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DO7ABHW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_I9VEFb1GRCA8A]]

Or Google smart toilet if you want something really automatic.

FusionChefGeoff Mon 05-Oct-20 15:06:22

Seeing as the first thing you do after flushing the toilet is wash your hands I'm not sure I'd be that bothered??

Decent ventilation is far more important against coronavirus.

HolA13 Mon 05-Oct-20 17:46:07

In you own home?! Where I assume it’s mostly just you & your family, who, if they had it would 100x more likely pass it to you via sneezing, coughing, spit & general proximity.

Unless you are extremely vulnerable (& even then), you sound insane. Just buy a normal toilet, clean it regularly & wash your hands! The world has gone mad. I think covid is serious but I live like a regular human being in the comfort of my own home. I just cannot being myself to be that worried or I’d lose the plot. Even my vulnerable mum uses public toilets & flushes them with the button or handle. She is just meticulous about hand washing!

Reedwarbler Mon 05-Oct-20 20:25:00

'Ongoing and mutating' ? Crikey!

boredboredboredboredbored Mon 05-Oct-20 21:11:28

Just wash your hands confused

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in