Talk

Advanced search

Petition

(4 Posts)
Bunnyfuller Thu 24-Sep-20 08:09:45

Morning all,

I’m waking up to another day of chasing our solicitor around our sale/purchase. From my perspective it seems the Conveyancing process, and delays and poor service in this area seems to be not only the root cause of this being so stressful, but from previous experience it also seems to be the cause of many chains collapsing.

I’ve had enough. Whilst there is always a Complaints procedure to follow, I just don’t want to have to use it to get acceptable service for something that isn’t cheap. This is the second time I have known my buyers and we’re in touch, and can already see the gaslighting going on from both sides.

Does anyone agree?

Will you share your story here?

Do you have any suggestions for the wording of a petition to put to government around greater transparency and accountability, with penalties from the Law Society for unreasonable and unsubstantiated delays Eg searches not in from other party’s solicitor for example but actually they are and yours just hasn’t looked at them.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and your support In publicising this if it’s a goer.

OP’s posts: |
mumsy27 Fri 25-Sep-20 00:32:27

@spickle have a good insight on the subject of conveyancing and wise words.

Cafemad Fri 25-Sep-20 14:22:13

I would like to see changes to the process myself.

Cafemad Fri 25-Sep-20 14:23:01

There really needs to be change and I would support your petition.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in