Talk

Advanced search

How to fill a hole?

(11 Posts)
Lazyi Sat 12-Sep-20 12:59:46

Any suggestions how I can fill this little hole? TIA!

OP’s posts: |
FlamedToACrisp Sat 12-Sep-20 13:09:17

I would drop a Lego block in it, then fill the rest with wood filler. But I'm a bit of a bodger!

BaronessBomburst Sat 12-Sep-20 13:13:45

My first thought was a hamster. grin
Second though is a block of wood.
Is it behind a door?

Seeingadistance Sat 12-Sep-20 13:13:57

Yip, Lego and wood filler should do it!

BaronessBomburst Sat 12-Sep-20 13:15:06

Could you fill the entire space from floor to ceiling with a piece of timber painted to match and square the whole corner off?

Mutunus Sat 12-Sep-20 13:18:36

I'm assuming no spare floorboard?
How about a small piece of MDF, same width as hole but longer and a screw in the middle.. Put glue on on end, and using screw as a handle feed wood through hole, the glued end comes up under the floorboard and sticks. Then fill on top of the new bit or find a a piece of wood to cut and stick in.
Or perhaps just find a similar bit of wood, cut to shape to fit hole, glue round the edges and see if the glue is enough to hold the wood in place.

Lazyi Sat 12-Sep-20 15:57:32

Thanks all.... Lego is a good idea. I suspect there is already half a spaceship under the floor boards....

OP’s posts: |
Glittertwins Sat 12-Sep-20 16:35:46

Be aware that this could be hiding a floor issue underneath. We had similar and when the carpet was taken up for replacement, the fitter found the floor underneath had disintegrated. I managed to get a building to knock it all out and refill with concrete.
We apparently have a similar but less severe issue along the internal wall we share with our neighbours so the next time this room is redone, we'll be getting a builder in in plenty of time!

WhoWouldHaveThoughtThat Sat 12-Sep-20 17:28:42

Well, why not make a feature out of it and stick a Lego man in the hole so it looks like he's trying to climb out?

Careful when vacuuming though...wink

marieg10 Sat 12-Sep-20 17:31:22

Use expanding foam is it is deep and then finish off with a wood filler?

Glittertwins Sat 12-Sep-20 17:52:57

WhoWouldHaveThoughtThat

Well, why not make a feature out of it and stick a Lego man in the hole so it looks like he's trying to climb out?

Careful when vacuuming though...wink

I like that! Could change the figures depending on mood!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in